The message “Offline” indicates that the connection between the HP printer and Mac is not established. Because of this issue, your Mac won’t send any documents to the HP printer. You will find an exclamation mark inside a triangle on your Mac which shows there is an HP printer offline mac issue. Once you cope-up this HP Printer Offline Issue you can do print jobs and get back to managing your business. But if getting failed in doing such thing by your own, then avail HP Support from our deft engineers. They will guide you all the desired steps at an ease form so that you can bring your HP printer online from offline.
There are some basic troubleshooting sequences through which you can eradicate this HP printer shows offline mac issue from top-to-toe. But if your HP printer remains offline, then you should reset the printing machine and then add the printer again to your Mac. Our technical writer has mentioned here the entire procedures of getting back your print job.
How to fix HP Printer Offline Issue on Mac
Eye on the below points and follow all those steps one by one:
Troubleshoot With Basic Methods
- You should first check the cable connections between your HP printer and the network router or computer. Make sure all the cables are inserted into the plug in a better form. None of the printer cables should be loose.
- Check the printer whether there is enough paper inserted or not and make sure the paper is aligned properly. If you see a “Low Ink” message on the printer, replace the ink cartridges instantly.
- To install any available updates, click on the “Apple” menu and then choose “Software Update“
- Click the “Apple” menu and select “Restart” by taping on the drop-down button
- Click “System Preferences” and select “Print & Scan”. Double-click your printer from the Printer list in case a yellow light appears after your printer’s name. Click “Resume.”
- Open a document that you want to print and press “Ctrl-P” to print such a document.
Reset Printer System
- Click the “Apple” menu and select “System Preferences” by hitting on the drop-down button
- Click “Print & Scan.”
- Press the “Ctrl” key and right-click at the same time in the Printer list. Select “Reset Printing System.”
- Click the “+” button and select your printer if it displays, otherwise clicks “Add Printer or Scanner.” Select your printer from the list and click “Add.” Wait for the printer to download and install and then start using your printer again
The most common issues that are HP printer offline mac generally occurred due to using an old printer driver, too many documents sent to the printer, network issues, loose cables, a hp printer paper jam or missing paper. So, be aware of those points and try to not face such issues.
What are the ways to Connect HP Printer To Wi-Fi Direct?
In order to connect HP printer with Wi-Fi direct you need to install printer driver on your computer system. For the installation of new driver, you can install and create the setup of wireless connection by using the HP wireless direct connection, in place of the connecting your printer to a wireless router. You can do that in two ways and we are going to discuss them both in a very proficient manner.
Steps to install driver with the product CD
Once you establish your computer with the printer’s HP wireless direct signal, you need to insert the CD which is shipped with your printer in order to install the driver. When you are prompted to select a connection type during the installation, you need to select the wireless option.
- On the control panel of your printer, you need to touch the HP Wireless direct icon or you need to navigate the network setup. And through the wireless settings menu simply touch the wireless direct button. After that, simply turn on the connection.
- To get the password at the time of connection to the printer, simply choose on or on with the security. Write down the security password and then click OK.
- On the computer or laptop, you need to click on the wireless icon and then choose HP print your printer’s model name from the list of available networks.
- When asked enter the security password.
- Now, insert the CD into the computer and after that wait for the installation to begin.
- If prompted then choose the wireless connection option. Choose the name of your printer to finish the driver installation.
- Reconnect your computer with normal HP printer wifi connect network when the installation completes.
Steps to install driver from the HP website
- Turn on your HP printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer’s end, if it is connected. If software installation will asks you to connect the cable if it is needed.
- Now, open the HP printer driver download site and go to the driver and software downloads.
- Select your printer model number and then tap on submit.
- Opened page for your printer shows you the default OS selected.
- If you need to modify the operating system, then tap change, choose your version and then tap Change.
- From the driver heading, tap on the Download for downloading the full software package.
- Save the printer software on your system where you can easily access it.
- From the printer control panel, you need to touch the HP wireless direct icon or see the network setup.
- You can also look for wireless settings menu and touch the wireless direct and then turn the connection on.
- On your computer tap on the wireless icon and then choose the HP print (printer’s name).
- If asked then you need to enter the security password from the printer control panel.
- Now, open or run the HP file that you have downloaded and then wait for the installation to begin.
- When it is asked, choose the wireless connection option and then choose the name of your printer to finish the installation of driver.
- Once the installation is done, then you need to reconnect the computer to your wireless network.
Before you attach your computer to the printer’s HP wireless direct connection, you need to save the driver file from the HP website within your computer. And then install this driver software, after you connect the computer to the printer.